- North Carolina AIA Design Merit Award Winner
- Conditions assessment
- Historic finishes analysis
- Complete restoration design
- Construction administration
The Morganton Depot was built in the 1880s and was remodelled in 1910 and 1952. In anticipation of the re-establishment of passenger rail service on the Western North Carolina Railroad, the City of Morganton and NCDOT sponsored a renovation of the building and its site. Using documentary photographs and drawings, and through a careful study of the building’s fabric, HagerSmith Design was able to reconstruct the depot’s 1910 appearance, while accommodating code and functional requirements.